Hello, folks. My closest friend’s kid has been diagnosed with ADHD. I have heard about this disorder before, but I don’t know much. I would like to know how attention is damaged actually here. I would appreciate if anyone knew to answer me this. I hope it won’t bother you much.

Hello, there. I am afraid that causes of ADHD are not so clear to experts. There are some theories. Some experts say that there is a delay in developing of certain brain areas. This is most significant in temporal lobe and frontal cortex. I am not sure whether this tells you something. In any case, a help from an expert is needed. I hope someone else will provide you with more info. Good luck! Bye!

Hi. I have also heard some theories about the causes of ADHD. Some of them say that there is a lower glucose metabolism within these kids. SPECT scans show that brain circulation is reduced. This leads to the slower transmission of nerve impulses. I am sure that all these mechanisms are involved. You should ask an expert for more details. After all, the real cause is still unknown. I hope this helps. Bye!