Hello, guys. My aunt’s kid has been recently diagnosed with ADHD. I know that these kids have problem with paying attention and concentration. However, I would like to know if hyperactivity is also part of the clinical picture in this disorder. I would appreciate all your replies considering this. Thank you, guys!

Hello, there. ADHD is abbreviation for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Therefore, you can see from this that hyperactivity is a part of the clinical picture. In fact, there are three major components within the clinical picture of ADHD. Those are: hyperactivity, inattention and impulsivity. ADHD is not diagnosed easily. Some criteria must be present. Your aunt should consult an expert about this. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!

Hi, there. Hyperactivity is very important part of criteria for diagnosing ADHD. These kids often stand up from the seats when they are expected to be seated. They often cannot play quietly. They talk excessively and usually interrupt others before they finish question. They climb things and round around even if they do not have company for this. Even if they sit, they cannot do that calmly. I agree that your aunt should consult an expert for further steps in treatment. I hope this helps. Bye!