Hi, folks. My wife and I have an 8 months old baby. Our pediatrician suspects that our kid has congenital hip dislocation and he says that he will have to run some tests. I wonder how to diagnose this condition in kids. Does anyone know this? I would really appreciate all your replies considering this.

Hello to you too. You shouldn’t worry a lot. Congenital hip dislocation is one of the most common conditions in babies. It can be treated well. The first important step in diagnosing it is physical exam. It should be done by experienced doctor, preferable by a pediatric orthopedist. After that, imaging methods follow. Ultrasound is a great method. And it isn’t harmful. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hi, everyone. I agree with the previous post. Just don’t panic. Take your kid to the experienced doctor for a physical exam. Ultrasound is great. X ray is not recommended for younger kids. Its radiation has its side effects. Older kids can be checked by X ray. In any case, you will see what your pediatrician orders. I hope this will help. Good luck with all!