Hi, folks. My friends have a kid who is 7 years old. He has started being very disobedient lately. I am beginning to suspect that he has oppositional defiant disorder. Is this disorder possible for a kid of his age? What do you think? I would appreciate all your replies. Bye, folks!

Hi, there. Oppositional defiant disorder can affect kids who go to school, even at the beginning of their schooling. Oppositional development is a normal part of growing process. However, as you can see, something can go wrong. 5 to 10% kids of school age have ODD. In some cases, these symptoms are more noticeable in school or at home. Psychotherapy is needed here. Family should also go for counseling. I hope your friend will manage. Good luck! Bye!

Hello. A child that is 7 years old can have oppositional defiant disorder. I think that this period is especially sensitive. Of course, the exact cause is unknown. That is why your friend should consult an expert. I hope she will tell her something useful about this. These kids can be very difficult to their parents. I have also read about this data that 5 to 10% of school kids have ODD. I hope I’ve helped a little. Bye!