I’m 45 year old male and I have recently had a hemorrhoid surgery. Operation went well and I had no problems with my healing.
But, lately I started to suffer from constipation.
You can't imagine how this can be difficult condition.
Of course after every constipation period I suffer from hard stool. This cause extremely strong pains and I don’t know how can I help my self.
I used some purgatives to relieve my symptoms but none of them helped.
I was wondering is there any medication based on some laxative I could use for several days?
I have heard something about some laxative called Colase and would like to know if there is anyone who has used it?

Colase, which is available without a prescription, is used to treat constipation and is in a class of laxatives known as stool softeners.
I have used this medication after my colon hernia operation two years ago. You are right, it is one of the best laxatives on the market.
Colase is for short-term relief only because it usually takes a day or two for the drug to achieve its laxative effect.
It is known as a 'stimulant laxative'. It acts on nerve endings in the gut wall. These nerves then make the muscles in the intestine contract with more force and more often.
So, you will not probably find better drug for your symptoms but there is catch-it is very unpleasant to use.
It comes in a shape of tube.
You slowly insert the full length of the nozzle into the rectum and than squeeze out the contents of the tube
There can be several side effects of this drug diarrhea, irritation of the back passage and abdominal cramps.

I am 22 male and had a long history of constipation and i saw an article about the possible treatments for constipation. In this article they have described how different types of laxatives work, what we must do to use it effectively and the side effects of individual laxatives.

thanks for sahring it to us.. hope you would be fine... ;-)

Senokot 1 or probably 2 a day - Dulcolax - AND Metamucil plain not flavored - mix 1 tsp twice a day into half water half orange juice - and occasionally glycerin suppositories - they work in 5 minutes unlike the paraffin ones -