I eat and exercise regularly but lately I am having some trouble with going to the bathroom. I used to go at least once a day especially in the morning but now I will go maybe every two or three days. I started to eat food that is high in fiber but I haven't noticed any difference. My stomach often hurts after eating- like I ate too much. I feel bloated and like I have to go number two but it just doesn't seem to work.

My bf told me to go and see my doctor about it but it is a little uncomfortable for me and also I am not sure if its actually a reason to go and see the doc.

Any ideas? 

Please take your bf advice and see a doc.

You can try eating raisins that might get things moving. Dulcolax is normally prescribed for constipation and you should have a movement within 12-72 hours.. It's embarrassing to go to the Dr but it's not worth the pain. I was like that for ten days and then prescribed dulcolax and I was fine :-)

Have you had any operations recently? Or it could be that your colon is just a bit irritated and needs just a good clean up, Try Movicol it is a white powdert that you put in water and drink it and make your stool soft, of then if it is not working try Colo Prep it is what they use before colonoscopy you buy it over the counter but it is not something you use on a regular basis, it is just to relieve whatever you have stuck in you colon and it wil make your stomach not bloated, I have been a IBS (Irratible Bowel Syndrome) sufferor for years, so I know how uncomfortable it can be not going to the toiilet and been bloated. But also be carefull for high fiber foods as this can also be a negative effect on you stomach, I canot eat too much high fiber foods as it then really bloats me up

Hope it work.

If you are really having bad constipation, buy Colo Prep you get it over the counter, it is what they use when they do a Colonoscopy, it really cleans out the bowl, and you will not feel bloated, it realy works, I have had one last week again before my colonoscopy and I had to run and run to and from the bathroom like you have no idea, but it is not something you can drink everytime you feel constipated, if the constipation persists, then try Black Forest Tea the Apricot one I drink two sachets in the evening, but sometimes Black Forest Tea is not always available then try to get Dulcolax or Sennacot.

i have been constipated now for 9 months and the specialist has no idea why. I have every laxative, suppository and enema available everyday and I dont go to the toilet sometimes for 2-3 months at a time. Last time I weighed 6kg more and was hospitalized for 2 days and they still just dont care because they dont know how to fix it. Im in constant pain and discomfort and i look 6 months pregnant. I dont even get my period anymore because of the pain and i vomit when i eat. Any suggestions