Im 22 and have suffered from severe constipation since puberty. I've been to doctors and tried metamucil, coloxyl, movicol, oral laxatives etc etc etc i have a high fibre diet, I'm active and i drink enough water. my constipation comes with the typical bloating and pain but also a feeling as though I am trying to digest hundreds of little needles. The only thing i have found to offer some reprieve is dulcolax suppositories. As unpleasant as they are they do soften enough so I can pass the initial blockage but nothing else. my first doctor refused to believe me until he sent me for an X-ray and seen that I was blocked up the wazoo. My second doctor handed me a referral to a dietician even tho I wanted to see a gastro specialist. I'm aware I'll have to see a specialist in the near future I was just wondering if anyone else has/is experiencing the same problem. when I say sever constipation I'm talking 3 weeks usually before I start to lose my marbles and opt for a suppository. 

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

What happend to you now? I have the same problem with you.

But in my case, dulcolax suppository has no effect. I take dulcolax tabs.

Hi Maria, I seen a specialist and had a colonoscopy/gastrocopy as well as a five day slow transit constipation scan. My bowel retained 100% of the material I had to ingest with very little to no movement in my bowel at all. I am on a management plan of 20mg nexium, 3 dulcolax tabs, benefiber and 3 glasses of movicol of a morning. Night time I have 3 glasses of movicol more benefiber and that is keeping me reasonably regular. As inconvenient as it is to be unable to leave the house at times, the bloating and pain is minimal now.
Hope that helped.