Hi, my baby boy is one month old, and has constipation for four days. I can see that he is in pain, but I don’t know how to help him. Do you know how to help a newborn with constipation?

Hi, it happened to my newborn few months ago. It had constipation for a week. I called a doctor and he told me to give my son 4 ounces of water once a day or by changing to soy based formula. It helped him, and he didn’t have constipation since then. Depending on how old your baby is, you can also give it some plums, peaches and apricot products for softer stool. Constipations may be caused by carrots and squash in some babies. If juice and diet don’t work, there are always glycerin suppositories and laxatives for baby. Of course, you always have to consult your pediatrician before giving anything to a newborn.