Hello, I am 45 years old and I am having problems with constipation. Sometimes I do not defecate for 6 days and I think this is caused by my meds that I use for high blood pressure. A friend recommended me to try with glycerin suppository, but it did not work. How often can you use a glycerin suppository?

Sine glycerin works via different mechanism than most of the laxatives; it does need some extra time for the effect to show up. At least I was told this by my doctor last year when I had same problem. I can tell you that it will help you; you just have to be patient.

I hadn't defecated for 11 days I think the record was and it had really badly compacted and I had fissure which didn't really help. After trying dulcoease, senacot, lactulose, glycerin suppositiories and various other thing prescribed by doctors I decided to go for a colonic and it removed most of it for me. it really helped. If things get really bad then you'll have to have manual evacuation if it gets really bad.
Hope this helps:-)

sloane i came to this site asking how often i can use glycerin suppositories and saw your post. PLEASE LOOK UP PHEOCHROMACYTOMA. This is one person per million potentially fatal adrenal gland tumour and i was recently dignosed with it. it is rarely found until autopsy. but if you are having bp issues that are not respnding combined with constipation,etc pls check it out. i do not know if you are male or female-i am female and blamed the night sweats on menopause for a couple years. turns out that was also a symptom. i ended up with seizures that have saved my life. PLEASE ANYBODY OUT THERE WHOSE BP DOES NOT RESPOND TO MEDS FAST CHECK IT OUT-IT TOOK ME 2 YEARS OF TINKERING WITH BP MEDS THINKING JUST NEEEDED MORE TIME. also, initial discovery of BP started with "thunderclap" headache.

Hi, I am 53 years old and have had IBS for over 4 years and seeing an IBS SPECIALIST who told me that it was a ok to use 1-2 Glycerin suppositories a day because I will go 1-2 days where I won't be able to have a BM there will be some days where I feel so nauseated & have such bad abdominal pain that I need to use them EVERY DAY in order to get ANY Relief. Hope this helps you. Just DON'T use DULCOLAX!!!!!!!

I have been worried about nitro glycerin suppositories side effects with increased frequency of use. First off, let me rave about nitro glycerin suppositories. Oh my goodness. When I get backed up, I use one of those suppositories and within 15 minutes I am going. I feel so so much better and it is so easy. But that is what worries me. I am suspicious of quick fixes. Will there be a price to pay? I use one or two every other week but find myself reaching for them more often as an easy way to get things moving. To this point, I have experienced no side effects at all. But I am worried there might be long-term repercussions. If anyone knows of long-term side effects, I would sure like to know.

nitroglycerin is not the same thing as glycerin. please research

There is a way to clear yourself out .when I had a colonoscopy ,my doc had me mix a full bottle of mirilax with 64 ounces of Gatorade ,I promise if you do that ,you will go till there is nothing left inside you,I had used mirilax before and it didn't help.I take a lot of meds too.but if you use a whole bottle of it ,it works ,I will warn you tho ,until you start going you will start to feel over full and a little sick ,but it all goes away as soonas you start going

What size of Mirilax???

Why not Dulcolax? What kind do you buy?

Do you get crops with Mira lax n 64 Oz Gatorade

I am a 48 year old woman. Since the birth of my second child 14 years ago I do not ever have the sensation that tells me or moves my body to defacate. Laxatives may work once or twice, but then become ineffective. Had temporary relief with higher dosage of magnesium glycenate, but only for several months. I have been using glycerin suppositories for at least ten years. I mention it to every doctor I visit and none yet have raised an eyebrow. Most suggest I need more fiber. Gee, why didn't I think of that? I have a cistecele and a recticele (spelling ). Wonder if this is cause. I am only now starting to experience some pain in those areas. Sorry I don't have answer to question. That is why I'm here, too.

Are you sure that's safe to take an entire bottle of miralax?

I think your prolapses are caused by childbearing and the birth. I have the same problems ever since the birth of my last child.

That is how you prep for a colonoscopy.it works great but you are going to have to be just steps away from a toilet for several hours.