just wondering if anyone was having the same problems as I with constipation. Being a newly diagnoised pt I just wanted some input.. My constipation is so bad I have to take a laxative and stool softener twice a day to have a bowel movement.. If I dont I can not go for over 3 to 4 days. having a lot of pain and discomfort.. Also numbing in my left leg and face. Blurred vision in my left eye.. do you think this is an episode. or something else.. Thanks for your time.. Sleepless in Lynnwood, wa tres67camaro.

Sometime, laxatives really doesn't work and may have side effect in the long run! Laxatives should be avoided and your diet should always be rich in fruits, fibers, grains and vegetables. If you are eating it is important that you take your time. One of the reasons for constipation is the fact that we don't chew our foods long enough. We are living in a hectic world and such eating habits are simply not beneficial to our health. Furthermore, make sure to drink plenty and frequently.