Good day. My name is Sheryl and I am 29 years old. I am three months pregnant for the first time. I found out that I am pregnant four days ago. I am extremely happy. But I have one problem. Well, here we go.  I have high blood pressure and I am using Coversyl for almost a five years now. I am now really worried because I don’t know can this affect my pregnancy and I was so happy when doctor told me that I am pregnant, so I forget to ask him about this. Can you tell me can coversyl have any side – effects that might affect my pregnancy?

Hello Sheryl.

First, congratulations. I am happy for you. I know that you were happy,  but you should remembered to ask your doctor this. Now, when you are asking us, why didn’t you call your doctor instead and asked him exactly the same question? I am not saying that we can’t help you, but this is extremely complicated situation and you need an expert to help you.

I don’t know any pregnant girl who was using coversyl, but I was reading about it. Those pills definitely can cause some harm to your baby. You should consult your doctor as soon as possible.

Hello there.

Dear Guest, I am happy for you but I agree that you need to consult your doctor immediately. First, you cannot stop taking medicine for blood pressure without your doctor’s permission. Other thing, it definitely can be harmful for you baby.

I am almost 100 percent sure that if you are more than 3 months pregnant it is better to avoid coversyl in that case. But again I repeat – don’t do it without consulting your doctor.

You are taking it for a long time now. I really hope that everything is going to be ok.

You need to react quickly. 

Hi everyone,

They are right about consulting with your doctor before asking anyone else but it's okay, if you don't have time today or your doctor doesn't have time to help you out today, it's a good thing that you posted your question here.

Usually, doctors don't recommend any medications to be used while you are pregnant. While some are harmless, others can cause big harm to you and your baby, so it is advised that you use only those medications that are something like, a must thing to do. I heard some people talking about the bad side effects of coversyl for pregnant ladies but that's all I know about it.

Hi guys,

It is true that coversyl is bad for you and your baby. When I found out that I was pregnant (I was about two months pregnant when I found out), my doctor asked me if I was using coversyl. I didn't know what it was at the time because I never needed it, neither did I know anyone else who did, I was curious so I asked my doctor what's the big deal about coversyl. He said that it is very dangerous for women who are pregnant, as it may cause serious harm to their babies.

You need to talk to your doctor, this is very dangerous.

Hi Sheryl,

I'm afraid that this is extremely dangerous for your baby. I don't want to sound like a pessimist here, but you need to visit your doctor as soon as tomorrow because this might have already become way too bad. 

Coversyl is dangerous for your baby, just like they wrote above me, but it is more dangerous if you are using it at the time when you got pregnant, as it is a case with you. Since you were using it when you got pregnant, and you have been using it for this entire time while you are pregnant, I can't be really optimistic about your situation.

Please, but PLEASE contact your doctor. Coversyl can be very dangerous for your baby and you. Actually, it is very dangerous. I believe that any pregnant girl should not use it. Coversyl has a lot of side – effects and I really don’t want to talk about side – effects when you are pregnant.

I think that my neighbor Sassy was using those pills as well during her pregnancy and she needed to about when she was almost 6 months pregnant because those pills made a lot of harm to her baby :/ I really hope that you will react on time and that this won’t happen to you.

Yes there is a lot of side effects on coversyl and yes it well harm the pragaenice