Good day there. We were talking a little bit about this CoQ10 for the heart. But now when I see what we were talking about I saw we were talking about how helpful this is actually but I don’t remember that anyone started some story about possible side – effects.

OK, we were talking about how it can help in some heart conditions and troubles, but I actually want to know do you even know how safe is CoQ10 for your heart and does it have any side – effects? What do you know about it? If you have any experience let us know…

Thank you.

Hello there. I am glad that you asked those questions.

If you have a heart failure you need to talk to your doctor before taking any supplements. There is no strong evidence at all that some supplement such as CoQ10 can help your heart, and you should always know this. They usually are used along with medical heart failure treatments but never instead of the treatment.

Now, CoQ10 has not been showed to relieve heart failure symptoms.

About the side – effects I am not familiar with them. I don’t know anybody who had any kind of side – effects from this.

Maybe someone else knows it better.

Hey there.
Pharmaceutical-grade ubiquinone CoQ10 dissolved in oil has been proven in larger "gold standard" clinical trials to reduce cardiovascular mortality both in CHF and in healthy seniors. One study, the Q-Symbio studied supplementation of myoqinon ubiquinone on CHF patients and placebo for the control group. There was a distinct difference in mortality rates between the two groups. Another double-blind, placebo-controlled trial on healthy seniors from Sweden, called KiSel-10, also showed statistically significant results between the placebo and ubiquinone groups.
CoQ10 should be taken in communication with your cardiologist as a supplement to your regular medical treatment. There are no major side effects (check out webmd's overview of coenzyme q10 for a listing of reported side effects), however, if you take CoQ10 close to bedtime, it could cause mild insomnia. If you read information from some of the long-time CoQ10 researchers, like Dr. William Judy, you will find an advocacy for including CoQ10 supplementation alongside regular medication for CHF patients based on the remarkable results from these recent large clinical trials.

Hey there. I didn't expect that someone will tell me about this in a way you were. Now I think that I understand it pretty good. I was always aware that I need to be in touch with my doctor, that I need to ask him whenever I want to use or even think about using something like CoQ10. I was reading a lot about it and today I met one friend of mine and she told me that she had a lot of side - effects, that she was throwing up, having a lot of headaches and that she was feeling really depressed and awful. I am wondering is this a case with everyone or just some people? Thank you for your reply...

Hi MakeMeCoffee
with your friend throwing up, it sounds like she could have taken a poor quality product that maybe contain a contaminant or an undisclosed ingredient that has caused an allergic reaction. Typically, the main side effect will include light insomnia if CoQ10 is taken late in the day. As with all supplements, never buy cheap products made with synthetic materials - buy a pharmaceutical-grade product where one can feel safe taking. For example, CoQ10 actually helps side effects from other products.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hey there. I was just talking with one other friend of mine. She told me that CoQ10 never helped her and that she had only side – effects from it. Now, she told me that she was feeling extremely bad and that in one moment she was thinking that she is pregnant – those symptoms she had, similar to the pregnancy. Now I don’t know are those possible side – effects from it. She also told me that she had a fever and that she was shaking occasionally. I just hope that she is not dealing with something else. I hope that those are side – effects.

Good day. My wife was using CoQ10 as well for her heart. Some people will tell you that this is a miracle cure, while some of them will tell you that this is just a waste of money. The main role CoQ10 and the main benefit involves its role in the creation of an important molecule known as adenosine triphosphate. Now, ATP helps direct energy where it is needed within a cell and within the human body. ATP is essential for healthy metabolism and it plays a key part of a number of processes within the body. According to all this, it can't be that bad.

Hello there.

I didn't follow this topic, I forgot to do this totally so that is why I am answering right now. I hope that it is not late and that I still can get some help about this topic.

Recently I was talking with one older lady that is living in my building. She told me that she was using CoQ10 and that she is not satisfied at all, because it didn't helped her to deal with her problems and hear heart issues. She told me that definitely if I someone tells me that I need to do it, I should find the alternative. Why?

I was reading a lot about this when I needed to start using it. Like for everything else, I was very skeptical at the beginning. But very soon, I have decided that I need to do something about my health. There are so many studies that review the connection between CoQ10 use and heart health. A recently found some systematic review published in some magazine that was showed that patients with heart failure taking CoQ10 experienced fewer symptoms than those taking a placebo. Co Q10 seems to help lower high blood pressure as well. The review acknowledges that more studies with a larger number of patients are needed to confirm these findings.