I just started to use the nuva ring and didn't know if I could still use a tampon while the nuva ring is in?

I was told that you take the nuva ring out for your period week. just as you would take the placebo pills during the 4th week. i wouldn't recommend putting a tampon in while nuva ring is inserted. BUT i'm not a dr. so maybe call yours and ask? i know the nuva ring can be removed during sex as long as it's kept in the fridge and reinserted right afterwards. or it can be left in during sex. (i couldn't stand the thought of my birthcontrol laying next to my food in fridge!!!) but if your on your period, and it's the right time of month and so on, the nuva ring should be out anyways.

I have been using the ring for about 2 years. It is perfectly fine to where a tampon with the ring in. I will assume you are talking about when you are still bleeding even when you are supposed to put the ring back in. If you read the papers that come with the ring. It will tell you to be careful when removing a tampon becuase it could accidently pull the ring, if this happens rinse with NOT hot water. Ive never had mine fall out while removing a tampon. Hope this helped.

Hey no offense, have any of you spoke to your doctor? you SHOULD NOT REMOVE IT unless its time to change!! my doctor also said NEVER to put it back in. use a new one.

U absolutely can use tampons while u have the ring in. U can also take it out to have sex but only 3 hours then rinse with cold water then put it back in. I love the ring and it is extremely easy to use.

actually, you can put it back in if you rinse it with lukewarm water.

My doctor said I could take mine out during sex and can put it back in. Same one.