Hi! I am Nancy and I am 15. I am at my grandmother's house since my parents went to some boring wedding. I was not interested in going with them, so I will spend two days with my granny. I have terrible toothache at the moment. Ooh, it hurts badly! My grandma has no painkillers at her house at all. I found only Naproxen which my grandma uses for her arthritis, but I am not sure if naproxen can be taken for toothaches.

Hi! The best cure for toothache is dentist. It is very important to go to the dentist regularly and you will have no toothache at all. Pain is the symptom that something is wrong with your tooth and that it has to be cured. Since you already have toothache and you are not at home or near your dentist then you have to take some pain reliever. I don't think Naproxen is the right choice for you. This is the medicine which should be prescribed by the doctor and it is used in treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. The best pain reliever for children is paracetamol which can be bought in almost every shop. Paracetamol will kill your pain without any harmful effects to your health.