Hello! My mother uses Naproxen to treat her arthritis. It helps with inflammation of her joint and pain. Since it is a good pain reliever I use it sometimes for my menstrual cramps. It seems Naproxen doesn't work the same each time I take it. Sometimes it takes an hour to work and sometimes not even a half an hour. How quickly does Naproxen work?

Hi! As you already Naproxen can also come as Naprosyn, Naprosyn Suspension, EC-Naprosyn, Anaprox and Anaprox DS. They all circulate in the plasma as naproxen but they have pharmacokinetic differences that affect their action. For example, when taken Naproxen sodium pain relief can begin within 30 minutes and within an hour in patients taking Naproxen. After use of Naprosyn tablets peak plasma level is attained in 2 to 4 hours and for example after administration of Anaprox peak plasma levels are attained in 1 to 2 hours. At Naprosyn suspension this is attained in one to four hours. As you can see these products differ in their pattern of absorption. See which one you used and you will see how quickly it works.