Hi. I'm 28 yrs old. Recently I recovered from a very bad case of pneumonia. As a follow up I've been scheduled for CT scan and it a showed a mass on the left. Doctor who read the results couldn't identify what it was, and he looked pretty worried. He ordered new CT scan next week and I've been scheduled for an appointment with an oncologist?! When I insisted that he tell me what's going on and why I need to see the oncologist, he told that he's not sure if the mass shown on the CT was just scar tissue from pneumonia or cancer!!! Now I'm freaking out! My good friend is a nurse and she's been trying to reassure me that scar tissue can be often mistaken on a scan results. But I'm really anxious and I can't wait for the scan next week. I'm also really scared what the results may reveal. What do you think? Is it scar tissue or cancer?

You've probably already gottens your imaging done by this time.  But if you haven't, scar tissue in the lungs can often be mistaken for a tumor.  Sometimes they need to do a biopsy. to know for sure.  Try to put your mind at rest for the moment.  I'm sure everything will work out fine.  Email me back when you have definitive results.  I'm curious about the outcome.  Sometimes our advanced technologies can lead us astray.  I can understand your apprehension and sympathize.  Just hang in there and try to keep calm.  I know everything will work out.  Hope this was helpful.  Okay, and come back with negative results.  

Did this person ever respond? I'm very curious also about this.