I have a small tissue mass in the lower left of my abdomen. I have had this pain for over a year now. I can feel a small lump, about the size of a dime there, but I cannot get a doctor to take me seriously about it! I have seen three doctors for this issue and they all tell me that it is nothing. It can be very painful at times. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.

Hi...

I was researching indicators of lower left abdominal issus when I ran across your post.. If you still check these I am very interested to know if you have found an answer yet.. I have been searching for a while also.. and am now experiencing a lot of pressure and pain.. from something I can FEEL in the lower left quaudrent.. and like you.. am not finding answers.. my primary has treated me well.. but my OB all but laughed at me.. not sure where to look from here.. what I am being told does not make sense..
hope to hear from you
Carol

i have had pain in lower left abdomen for over a year now, and I can feel a lump there. Clear ultrasound from OBGYN, clear colonoscopy from GI, & clear CAT Scan from GI. They all say nothing is there. I disagree. Pain is bad, radiating through to my back. Now what? Do I get a second opinion? Frustrated.

My husband also made an appointment with his doctor for the same problem you are facing and after having blood work and an ultrasound his doctor said it was nothing! He said it was a mass tissue that generated from an old injury or it can also be hereditary. My husband is 33 and never suffered from any illness or anything like this. This lump or mass whatever you want to call it bothers him now and wants an answer. His doctor told him if he wants it removed he would have to go see his surgeon. I am thinking of getting a second opinion becasue it is not normal to have somethign inside of your body, causing some pain or growing and for a doctor to tell you it is nothing?

Keep seeing doctors until someone will listen. I had a lump in my lower left abdomen 6 months ago. The pain would come and go, but it was getting worse. It felt about the size of a dime, but you could only really feel it if I was standing or pushing my belly out. I saw my GYN and nothing was found, she sent me to a surgical specialist thinking it was a hernia, after 2 exteranl Ultrasounds, a 3D CT scan, and a visit to the ER, they said there was a knot about 1cm in diameter in my abdomen. They told me that the pain and lump seen on the scans looked to be endometriosis. I had a C-section and endometrial tissue could have goten into the body cavity and grown in my stomach between the muscle and fat layer. I went in for surgery to have this tissue removed and when the doctor looked in laproscopically, he had to stop and make a full incision becaue there was actually a golf ball size mass in my gut that had not shown up on any of the tests. I had surgery a week ago and the pain is mostly gone, but I am anxious to see at my follow up what the mass was when they tested it.

Please follow up on your post as I am anxious to learn what they found as my 17 year old daughter has been through the exact same process ans serious of tests and we have not found any answers. They even had taken an Ultrasound with her standing up and nothing showed on the scan. We explored the hernia idea as she has a history on her dad's side. She is in so much pain as this has been ongoing for almost 8 months now and we are still with no answers. Extremely frustrating.

Please post an update....really anxious to hear your results.

What results did you receive? I had spinal fusion in August 2012. They opened my abdomen from lower left hip to just a few inches left of my belly button. I have been having sharp stabbing pains that occur periodically since October ... but about three weeks ago there was a definite hard marble size lump about an inch below the incision. The General surgeon thought it was a hernia and sent me for a CT Scan to determine of the muscle wall was weakened anywhere else along that section so as to be sure and put a large enough piece of mesh in to prevent further hernias. My results came back ... NO Hernia?! My Nuerosurgeon didn't believe it was a hernia and thought it to possibly be suture material ... but the 'lump' has just come up in recent weeks, and the surgery was five months ago. My gyno thought it was a hernia when she felt it as well and I think its way too high to be a female issue, I too am thin (5'10" - 135) and the doctors like to say that 'we' can sometimes feel things externally that people with a little more meat-on-their-bones may not. ANYWAY ... I'm going in again tomorrow morning for the General surgeon to re-examine. I was considering a blood-clot ... and thinking an ultrasound might be next. Baffled!

I too have a mass on my left side of my stomach. I do have IBS, and researched and found out that it could be a blockage in the intestine. I also take shots of insulin and at times if an air bubble is present will make a much much smaller mass about half the size of a dime. This is much larger though. If anyone knows what this is, please post it on here.

Thanks,

James

What was the result of the test of the mass that was removed? I am having the same symptoms. Had internal and external pelvic ultrasound, everything clear. had pelvic CT scan, everything clear. Had colonoscopy, everything clear. It started as periodic sharp pains in the lower left abdomen. Became worse within only a few months. Pain so bad i was actually nautious. Docs thought i had hernia. Sent me to surgeon. Surgeon pressed on the spot and I literally jumped out of my skin from the pain. Surgeon ordered the CT scan and the colonoscopy. But in short time from colonoscopy, the lump has developed at point of pain. this is new. I dont know what it is. Doctors dont know. Please, any info would be a great help. I have been suffering with this since last Semptember. Came on quick! I hope you are doing better.

Im having the same issue and it has been going on for almost a year. Had 2 CT scans done, ultrasound, and pelvic exam. Docs look at me like im crazy. How did you finally get it resolved and which doc did you go to?

I have suffered with this for months now the lump appears to come and go!? doesnt really hurt more of a annoying dull ache. i have good days and bad days on the bad days i can feel quite fatigued and dizzy good days i hardly notice it there! sometimes when i push on it i pass wind, i often find the lump is worse in the morning until i have gone to the toilet. really starting to get me down any advice help would be helpful?

I had a lower spinal fusion done sept 23rd. I now can feel a dime size hard lump under my incision on the left side,

that is tender to the touch. Any ides???

What was the verdict?

Am having similar problems. Any feedback would be apreciated.