Hello, guys. My wife has been suffering from Tourette syndrome and we are thinking of having a child. However, we are afraid that this syndrome can be inherited, so we would like to know whether it is possible to prevent this syndrome. What do you think? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hello to you too. Unfortunately, any child from a parent with Tourette syndrome has a chance to have it. I think the chances are about 50%, but I am not sure. The only way to prevent it is not to have kids. It sounds cruel, but that’s the way it is. However, talk to your doctor. Perhaps, there is some new knowledge that I am not aware of. If your doctor says something new, please let me know. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

thanks for da info :-P

Hey i would like to hear if you do have a kid and it does not have the syndrome because same here