Hello, folks. My friend’s kid has been diagnosed with Landau-Kleffner syndrome. I think he also has some minor damage of the receptor speech. I would like to know something of the outcome here. Can anyone help me with this? I would really appreciate all your replies considering this. Thanks in advance.

Hello. The outcome in Landau-Kleffner syndrome alone is not so great when we talk about speech outcome. Since there is a minor damage, I would say that this kid will have some language problems later in his life. The earlier the syndrome appears the worse prognosis is. However, there are some cases of full speech recovery. The thing is that this syndrome hasn’t had enough cases. That is why no one can give some general conclusion. Your friend should consult with an expert about the outcome. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!