Hello, guys. After several years with various motor and vocal tics, I was diagnosed Tourette syndrome. My neurologist suggests me to visit psychiatrist as well and try with behavior therapy. I would like to know about benefits of this therapy for ones who suffer from Tourette. I would really appreciate this.

Hello. I think that your neurologist is right. My brother also suffers from Tourette and he was also recommended behavior therapy. I think he will go for it. The traditional approach for Tourette was use of medications – antipsychotics. But, it has changed. Behavior therapy can reduce tics. However, it is also very important for treating emotional symptoms and problems these people have been experiencing. I hope you will have benefits from this therapy. Good luck!