Hello, guys. My nephew has been diagnosed Tourette syndrome. He was suggested to start with medications, but he was also suggested to start with psychological therapy. I would like to know how psychological therapy can help. Thank you for all your replies. This will mean a lot to me. Bye, guys!

Hi, there. Traditionally, antipsychotics are treatment of choice when it comes to Tourette syndrome. Psychological therapy is also very important. Behavioral therapy is something that is recommended. It can help with reducing the tics. It can also help with emotional symptoms and problems that these patients have. This therapy is about exposure to tic sensations and replacing tic behavior with more accepted response. I hope your nephew will have success with this. Please, let me know how he will feel. Bye!