Hello, folks. My best friend’s kid has been just diagnosed with Asperger syndrome. I know that it is similar to autistic, but I would like to know something more about this disorder. Is there anything I should know about cognitive development in this syndrome? I would appreciate all your replies considering this topic.

Hi, there. You are right. Asperger syndrome is really similar to autism. It belongs to autistic spectrum disorder. Unlike autistic kids, these kids don’t have such difficlutlies in language. There is also no evidence of delay in their cognitive development. If this is what concerns you, you can be peaceful. However, regular treatment is necessary. I hope your friend will manage. Bye!

Hello. I have also heard similar things. These kids do not have problems with their cognitive development. For instance, they do not have problems with dressing and feeding themselves. However, they have problem with organization. You can tell that they are fine in some areas, but they are lacking on other areas. Some of these kids even have higher intelligence. If you want to find out more, you should consult an expert. I hope I’ve helped a little. Bye!