My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 5 months now. I have been off BC for almost 2 years. We are not using any protection and for the past 5 months every time I am hoping that I will be pregnant and when I "should be" getting my period, I am usually late 2-3 weeks. Then I will get my period and it will last for about 3 weeks. I cannot figure it out. I have gone for an ultra sound, blood tests. My doctor thinks that the 1st two times I had a miscarriage. I don't know what to do anymore. And it is getting very hard on me and just becoming very depressed. Does anyone have ideas? Please help

Since the menstrual cycle start when the levels of estrogen and progesterone at their lowest point, there must be something wrong with your hormones, leading to delay and prolong menstruation. The conventional medicine have never tried to correct it, unless you want to try some synthesis hormone medicine, but it causes side effects and affects fertility. In your case, according to Traditional Chinese medicine, if I correct, it is caused kidney yang and blood deficiency
1. kidney yang deficiency can be corrected by taking some warm and hot foods and reducing intake of cold and cool foods
You can search for list of food classification from TCM perspective
2. Irregular period (delay and prolong ) the herb chaste berry tree is helpful. It is said that it helps to stimulate the hypothalamus and pituitary glands by increasing the LH and inhibiting the FSH, leading to enhancing the levels of progesterone. As a health article writer, I can not recommend any dose, it is for your benefit to work with a herbalist.
I Hope this can help

Wow that is very interesting. Thank you very much for your insight. I have felt so alone, not really knowing what to do. I will have to ask my doctor about this. I am only 22 years old, so it just seems odd that I am having such a hard time to become pregnant. My doctor actually gave me some medication to help with the bleeding, it was just Progesterone, she said that it would stop the bleeding. But now with my periods being all over the place, I now don't know when I am supposed to ovulate. Now I am only assuming that it's my period. 95% of the time I always get cramps and I know my period is coming, but these past few months I have had no sign that it was coming. So I wasn't sure what it was. I have not seen a gynocologist yet but my doctor had reccomended it, if it happens again. So I guess that it another thing I should do. I am hoping its not something more.

Thanks I hope I can be more helpful than this
In fact, I know the general dose of chaste berry tree that a women needs to make herself ovulate and prevent the symptoms of irregular menstruation, but I would like you to work with a herbalist for your safety, since each women is treated uniquely, according to her symptoms and diagnosis. There are no one treatment for all according to herbal medicine. Good luck and hope you will get pregnant anytime soon