I have irregular periods, I can go months without it. But I got my period July fourth and I got off it like two days before I lost my virginity for the first time, which was yesterday. He did come in me. I was wondering, is it possible to get pregnant? It's not that I want to, I'm scared that it might happen. I was hoping that because I have irregular periods & I had sex after my period, I have a low chance of getting pregnant? Please help!

Yes, you can get pregnant at any time. Even though your chances are low, it can definitely happen. My advice for you is first, wait two weeks, take a pregnancy test, if it's negative, you're not pregnant. Since they usually recommend to wait two weeks after intercourse. After that, get some birth control pills. They help regulate irregular periods and are a pretty effective method when it comes to avoiding pregnancy. Best of luck to you!

Contrary to popular belief, it is still possible to ovulate regularly without having a period. Progesterone is the hormone that controls menstruation. it does not come into play until after you ovulate. I know this for a fact because my periods have always been irregular, coming anywhere from every month to every 5 months, it does what it wants to do. Even with my irregular periods, I am 9 wks 3 days pregnant by someone that Ive been sleeping with for 5 months.On average It takes a healthy couple (i.e women with regular '28' day cycles, men with no sperm issues) a year of trying before searching for problems. So, your answer is yes ma'am you surely can get pregnant with irregular periods, and chances are not 'low'...actually if you have irregular periods, you should take more caution, because you cant pinpoint when you ovulate..goodluck with whatever you want.