Hi, I am trying to help my mother as much as I can ever since she has been diagnosed with osteoporosis, at her age of 56. So, I would like to know if there is any ayurvedic medicine for it. I have heard that it might help with many health problems, so I hope it might be of some aid for my mother too.

Well, I know that ayurvedic is known to help with many conditions but regarding osteoporosis, ayurvedic advices do not differ at all from all other alternative or natural treatments. So, for osteoporosis vitamin K will help a lot (in small doses), avoiding meat is necessary, sesame seeds and manganese (from pineapple) helps too, she should use dandelion tea, chaste berry, almond milk…

According to Ayurveda, osteoporosis can be compared with srothodushti of Asthidhatu caused by vatakshaya. Srothodushti is nothing but improper transmission of nutrients between the tissues i.e., bone tissues. In Ayurveda it can be managed effectively. Patients at Ayurvedic Hospitals in India, where thye undergo traditional Ayurvedic treatment for osteoporosis, are known to increase their bone mineral density considerably. Patients at the age of 40-60 years and with a moderate degree of osteoporosis get up to as much as a 90% positive result. Patients aged above 60-70 with moderate osteoporosis get up to as much as a 70% result.