My husband and I have been trying to conceive since November and so far nothing. I recently had my gynocological annual exam along with a pap smear and everything was fine. I even asked the doctor if my uterus was fine and she said it was. Because we have been having problems getting the sex part right and my husband problems ejaculating, we agreed that he would get his sperm tested. The first time was at this hospital that didn't know anything and tested the sperm five days after he had the test done. Even though the test was fine but the urologist suggested testing the sperm again to see if they were strong enough to swim at another hospital. He also had a regular and a scrotum sonogram. He gets his results at the beginning of August 2009.

Even though I think I felt the sperm a few times they still haven't met the egg and now I'm starting to think I could have blocked fallopian tubes. I have had a few urinary tract infections in my life. I had one at eight, another at eighteen and then at twenty-three years old I started running to the bathroom a lot at night. I went to a doctor a few months later and was told my urine was fine. I finally got a job with health insurance three years later and went to a gynocologist the first time because I thought it was something gynecological and it turned out I had a bladder infection. I was put on antibiotic and it didn't help so I went to a urologist who diagnosed through a cystoscopy a tight urethra that pushes urine back into the bladder causing chronic urinary tract infections. He didn't really help and frustrated I went to another urologist who when I went for a urodynamic study mentioned that I not only had a tight urethra but a bladder that contracts small amounts of urine at a time. Ever since 2003 my urine tests have been normal.

I went to the gynecologist in September 2002, February 2003, April 2005, September 2005, February 2006, September 2006, May 2007, November 2007, April 2008, October 2008 and May 2009 and everything is normal. I did go on the orthroever patch in April of 2005 and was on it until August 2005 but it made me sick. I went on Yasmin birth control pills from February 2006 - October 2008. I went off them in October 2008. I only had a period for two days afterwards because I stopped in the middle of the cycle but every since the end of October 2008 on I have had a normal period. I know I ovulate because I actually can feel pain during the process and a few days before my period I feel pain. I also now periods that eventually develop into full blown periods. I don't know if it is because the sperm is trying to meet the egg and it just isn't happening or again I might blocked fallopian tubes. And I just read on the internet that sometimes I could have had an infection and didn't know it and you never know if you have blocked fallopian tubes.

Our sex lives are improving and it seems to get better with each time but still nothing is happening.

I wish the two of you best of luck. If all else fail, in vitro fertilization may be the answer.

I AM TERRIBLY SORRY TO HEAR ALL THAT... I CAN HONESTLY SAY I FEEL YOUR PAIN... MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST THREE YEARS NOW, NEVER WENT ON BIRTH CONTROL OR USED CONDOMS, BUT STILL NO PREGNANCIES... I'VE FINALLY GONE TO SEE THE DOC BACK IN MARCH AND HE PRESCRIBED PROVERA AND CLOMID FOR ME... PROVERA WORKED THE FIRST TIME AROUND... CLOMID, HOWEVER, I'M ON MY FOURTH CYCLE AND STILL NO SIGNS OF PREGO... IT MAKES ME SAD AND SO DEPRESSED... THE DOC SAYS EVERYTHING SEEMS OK WITH ME... HAD ALL KINDS OF TESTS AND BLOODWORK DONE BUT NO PROBLEMS EVER SURFACE... I FEEL LIKE I AM NEVER GONNA GET PREGNANT.. AND I'M ONLY 23!!! ANYWAY, JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I UNDERSTAND YOUR SITUATION AND I PRAY THAT YOU WILL GET PREGNANT SOON... FAITH AND HOPE WILL BRING YOU ALONG... AND PRAYER IS THE BEST THING TO DO... TAKE CARE AND HOPEFULLY ONE DAY SOON, A LITTLE PERSON WILL START GROWING IN YOU :-)

Hi FranPam, it sounds like you've really tried your heart out to have a child but that the heavens just aren't cooperating with you. Are you trying anything else to get pregnant? have you tried invitro or a surrogate or anything like that?

I guess in vitro fertilization is the answer if all test fails. I wish you both good luck and may god bless you.

Hi FranPam, it's been a couple weeks since you last posted. Can you tell me how you're doing? I'd like to hear because your story touched me and I'd like to know how things are going with you. Can you let me know?

I truly wish that us ladies who actually want children would be able to concieve easier. People who have no problem getting pregnant really don't understand the things we go through. I'm 23 married to a wonderful man, we have been together for 6years and married for 2. we have been trying to concieve for 4 years and i really don't understand why it hasn't happened. i've had test done and everything was fine. my husbands sperm is above average everything seems to be fine with him. the only thing i've notice about myself is that sometimes i want have a period but my doctor said i'm still good. recently i had my period four months straight so i said... hey i think my periods are becoming regular now. my hubby says well thats good maybe we can have a baby now. nothing ever happened and it's so heartbreaking to even think you'll never have a child that you actually gave birth to, the natural way. nobody ever really wants to do invitro, adoption or fertility pills i know i don't. i want to be able to concieve like everyone else around me. Mostly everyone i know didn't mean to get pregnant that what so crazy. But now i've just finished my first cycle of clomid last week. i am waiting to see if it makes me ovulate and hopefully become pregnant with my first baby or babies. i didn't want to have any help with concieving besides my husband but sometimes when you truly want something, you have to do certain things to boost those chances. If it happens to work especially fingers crossed... on the first try then i'll know it was well worth it. hopefully i want have to go through anymore cycles of clomid after this month.hopefully next month i'll be pregnant and everything works out. i'll pray for all of you trying to get pregnant as well as myself.

Hey Lovelyone, I'm sorry to hear that things have been difficult for you and my heart goes out for you. Thanks for all your supportive words for everyone here and I'll keep you in my thoughts okay? :-)

I understand your frustration. Since there are no structure problem and your menstrual cycle is normal, you should be able to conceive easily according to traditional Chinese medicine " All women are able to conceive in their child bearing age before menopause". I suspect that there is a little or microscopic change that effects your ability to conceive and conventional medicine fail to diagnose it. I believe Artificial Insemination can be helpful, but it is costly. If you can tell me more about quality and quantity of blood during menstruation, may be I can help
I have written a series of overcome infertility article ( over 194 ), but to respect the term and policy of steady health, I can not tell you here. Sorry about
Kyle J. Norton
Health article writer

Kyle could you explain a little more what the abilities could be that would cause you to become infertile that conventional medicine would miss? Thanks.

I have written a article about this subject for steady health, but unfortunately, it is still not public yet. There are many unexplained causes of infertility which the conventional medicine fails to detect them according traditional Chinese medicine. Since TCM view each woman as unique entity, the causes is total depending to diagnosis. assuming the couple are healthy with no structural problem. Here are some of them
A. Primitive brain reaction
Certain occupations and exercises may trigger the brain diverts the blood circulation away from the reproductive organs, leading to low sperm quality in men and preventing conception in women. In other word, the brain think this is not a suitable condition for the body to conceive.

B. Overcome Female Infertility --Diagnosis of Infertility In Traditional Chinese Medicine
1. Deficiency kidney yin
Women with abnormal menstruation including light discharge such as red and without clots, emaciation, dizziness, red tongue with little fur, insomnia and rapid pulse are considered as deficiency of kidney yin.

2. Deficiency kidney yang
Women with prolong menstrual cycle, no menstrual discharge, lower back pain, lack of sexual desire and slow pulse are considered as deficiency of kidney yang.

3. Blood deficiency
According to traditional Chinese medicine, blood stagnation is caused by weakened spleen organ, thereby, reducing the spleen function in blood formation causing not enough blood to be distributed to the body leading to no blood for menstruation. Women with symptoms of late menstruation with pale and scanty or absence of menstruation, dizziness, dry skin, pale tongue, pain in abdomen after menstruation and weak pulse.

4. Blood stagnation
Blood stagnation is normally caused by qi stagnation or qi deficiency in the liver leading to abdominal pain, clotted and dark menstrual flow, nervous tension, premenstrual breast tenderness, a slight purple-tongue and wiry pulse.

C. Overcome Male Infertility --Diagnosis of Infertility In Traditional Chinese Medicine

1. Liver qi stagnation
Liver meridian blockage in the local area (genital) interferes with normal testicle functions, leading impotence, low libido and ejaculation.

2. Kidney deficiency
a) Kidney Yang deficiency
Men are considered kidney yang deficiency if they have symptom of low sexual desire, weak ejaculation, impotence, seminal emission, low sperm count, slow sperm mobility.

b) Kidney yin deficiency
According to TCM kidney is vital to maintain a healthy reproduction system in men and women alike. In men, infertility caused by kidney yin deficiency includes symptoms seminal emission, slow sperm mobility, low sperm count.

3. Stagnation of qi and blood
Stagnation of qi and blood is normally caused by weakened liver in fat and protein metabolism and spleen in blood formation leading nervous symptoms including worrisomeness, over-thinking, stress, chronic illness and impotence, low sperm count, short sperm life, slow sperm mobility.

4. Heat and dampness accumulation in the lower burner
Male suffered from heat and damp diseases is normally caused by over alcohol drinking and unhealthy diet including high in saturated and trans fat and spicy food leading to generally overweight, sperm count is low and sometimes sperm deformities.

D. Irregular menstrual cycle

The conventional medicine has never viewed irregular menstruation seriously disorder. In the traditional Chinese viewpoint, when you have irregular period, it means something wrong with your reproductive organs and it must be treated in order to restore the natural process of NATURAL Conception

I hope this answer your concern, if you need more information, you can sent me a email and I will give the link of all my 194 articles of above subject.
Kyle J. Norton

I see. Thank you very much for telling me all about it Kyle! I think that your post was more than thorough and I appreciate it. :-)