Hopefully someone can help me. I had sex about 4 days after my period ended and again about 12 days after my period ended ( according to my calculations, approx 4 days after i was supose to be ovulating). If i was to get pregnant, is it possible to get pregnant 12 days after my period has ended?? Am i more likely to get pregnant a few days after my period has ended or after ovulating?

Thank you!

Dear AnimalLover

You can ONLY get pregnant after ovulating! You get pregnant when a fertilised egg implants into your womb. However, for that to have a chance to happen, your vagina has to receive sperm by the time you ovulate. An egg is only viable for about a day, and sperm only live in a woman's body for about 5 days, so 5 days before ovulation until ovulation day is the critical time. That means that 4 days after ovulation is too late, and 4 days after your period ended (sounds like 8 days before ovulation) is too early.

In terms of your question "Am i more likely to get pregnant a few days after my period has ended or after ovulating?", the answer is 'a few days after period has ended' because ovulation could occur early.

Hope this helps.