Hi. I have a wrist pain. It really hurts. I feel tingling and burning and, sometimes even numbness. I was prescribed with anti-inflammatory drugs. I would like to know what could be the cause of my problem.

Hi. The most common cause of wrist pain is Carpal tunnel syndrome. People with this syndrome experience aching, numbness, burning and tingling in their palms, wrists, thumbs or fingers. Carpal tunnel syndrome happens when the median nerve gets compressed at the wrist. This happens due to a swelling. If you are pregnant, overweight, of if you do a repetitive motion with your wrist you are more likely to get yourself a swollen wrist. Wrist pain can be caused by injury, such as broken bone, sprain, strain, tendonitis and bursitis. Some other common causes of wrist pain include arthritis, gout and pseudogout.