Hi! My mom is going to have CTS surgery tomorrow. I’m r really preoccupied about her condition. She has this awful pain in her arm that woke her up in the middle of the night. The doctors said that the only solution is CTS surgery. Now I’m concerned is this CTS surgery effective and is it going to impact her activities.

Hi there! I know how your mom must be feeling with this terrible pain, but believe me immediately after CTS surgery is done she’ll be wondering where all that pain has gone all of a sudden. Ok I had CTS surgery also for the same pain your mom feels. This pain is caused by the pressure of the median nerve located in carpal tunnel and the CTS surgery will make this nerve relieved. CTS surgery is performed under regional anesthesia and it won’t last long I think my surgery was done in 30 minutes. And the next day I went home and was back with my normal activities after a few days, I also started to drive the car again just one week after the surgery. While I was having this carpal tunnel syndrome I avoided driving a car for that terrible tingling and numbness and that awful pain. So don’t worry your mom will be back home the day after tomorrow wondering how fast that pain has disappeared. And the secret is just in relieving that nerve from the pressure and after the surgery it won’t be squeezed anymore and your mom will be back to normal life just in a few days you’ll see.