Hi, Can anyone advise me?
I am suffering with bilateral pins and needsles in my arms and hands. This is waking me up every night. I also have occasional pins and needles in my arms (usually only one side and more often in my left arm) during the day when driving or sitting for a while.
I had a car accident last August with resultant whiplash and tinnitus. I have had an x ray which showed slight narrowing of the C5/6 and to a lesser extent C6/7 disc with beginnings of anterior ostephyte formatiion. Disc spacing and vertebral aliggnment are other wise preserved.
Could my pins and needles be connected? I have seen a consultant who, without looking at x ray results, said it could be carpal tunnel syndrome in my elbow and is refering for me for more tests.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which the median nerve is compressed at the wrist, leading to paresthesias, numbness and muscle weakness in the hand. So yes you might have this and you should have more test about this. The first symptoms of CTS may appear when sleeping and typically include numbness and a burning and tingling sensation in the thumb, index, and middle fingers.

Thanks for the reply.
The consultant seemed to think the problem might be in my left elbow, but I don't see how that is affecting my right arm.
%-)

Hmm. Not so sure about this, but when you go and get it check out, pleas fill us in. Really would like to know about your problem and a solution.

All the best.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome only compresses the median nerve at the wrist and symptoms present as pain in the wrists as well as possible pain, tingling, and numbness in the thumb, index, middle, and half of the ring finger. If you have symptoms in your ring and pinky finger as well, then you could have cubital tunnel syndrome, which is compression of the ulnar nerve at the elbow. It is possible to have nerve compression at both sites however, since you mentioned that you have bilateral pins and needles in your arms and hands, I doubt this is the case. You are most likely experiencing some sort of nerve compression/impingement at the cervical level (probably c5-c6). I hope this helps!