My cousin has problem with cataract, and he does not stop to complain. He has blurred vision, and he cannot read so easy any more. When he starts to complain he sees some rings of light I freak out. I think this is not as terrible as he wants us to believe, but anyway I wish there is some way to avoid this in future. Is there any method I could prevent cataract, and I would like to know what is the reason for its occurring?

Cataract is disorder where the main problem is clouding of the eye’s lens. This clouding usually blocks light from entering the eye, which causes symptoms your cousin has. Most of cataracts grow slowly until the entire eye is affected, which cause progressive, painless vision loss. We have some researches that confirm how cataracts may be prevented with consistent use of sunglasses that protect the eyes from sunlight and ultraviolet light. Prevention of cataracts may also be aided by eating a diet rich in carotenoids. These are substances present in vegetables such as spinach and kale, then by using vitamin C, and vitamin A. People with diabetes should keep their blood sugar levels as close to normal as possible helps prevent cataracts. The cause of cataracts among older people is mostly unknown, so I cannot tell you exact reason why someone has this disease. People with dark eyes, prolonged exposure to bright sunlight, poor nutrition, and past or present smokers are more likely to develop cataracts. Also at increased risk are people with diabetes and those who have had other eye diseases and injuries.