My husband recently had cataract surgery on bothe eyes and had the restore lens put in. He has rings around the car lights and street lights when driving... This bothers him.... is this something that is common, does it go away in time... otherwise he is happy with his surgery. He just told me that sometimes he doesn't have a clear vision its cloudy, his surgery was november 23, and othe december 16. thank you for your consideration.

Hello there

I am sure that your husband has talked with his surgeon about everything that is going to happen after his cataract surgery. And although your husband is excited about his new vision he needs to be very patient and don’t over strain himself. He shouldn’t be worried about small things and he should continue to be happy. So try to convince him to stay relaxed until his next checkup.

And when time for that checkup comes then both of you talk with his ophthalmologist. Let him know about   your concerns and ask him what you can expect in next months. Of course that his body and eyes need time to heal and adjusted to the new situation but your surgeon is obligated to let you know about everything. 

What you said is great but you gave no answer. I am sure thousands of people experience the same but you did not tell us if this is permanent or if it will go away over time or whatever. We need answers not statements.

I had cateract surgery on 10/9/2013 and i see great but this lights goes around the eye bouther me alot and also my Dr. gave me eye pressure drops, my left eye was fine but when i started to use this drop i started to see those light that goes around the eye, still need to do surgery on my let eye, i did not had this problem before

I have the same problem. HELP

From what I have heard from my eye Dr., MULTI-FOCAL lenses can have this effect . Just had my eye done 8/15/17 w/a TECNIS MULTI-FOCAL LENS and last night after my eye drops (BROMSITE) I saw RINGS of light around lights at night. Dr. said today DON'T take that drop today and see what happens at night. He said give it time and lets see what happens. I have several weeks before the second eye is to be done. I have read that some patients that have multi-focal lenses have had them replaced by a mono lens because of HALOS and RINGS of light at night. Now they have to wear glasses for reading.. As always "Everyone is different and all cases are not the same." Praying for no problems. S.Fl

I just had my cataract surgery 7 days ago...a mono lens put in and I have peripheral shimmering (especially in fluorescent lights at malls, grocery stores etc..) and have halos and rings! It's driving me crazy and I feel u don't really get a clear cut answer from the docs as to why and when or if it will go away!

I have halo in left eye, went for 2 exams after surgery and was told it all looked good, very frustrating, still having trouble. I am going to a different office to see If I can get a good answer

I initially had cataract surgery in my right eye in July 2017. I ended up with halo problems. Within the first two weeks after surgery my doctor discovered a wrinkle in my posterior lens. As this can sometimes cause glare he performed laser surgery on me. The wrinkle was gone but the halos remained.
8 months later I just had cataract surgery on my left eye. This time my doctor changed the lens manufacturer. I am happy to report that although I had halos the first night they now seem to be gone in my left eye. I hope this continues. Thankfully I am using a glaucoma drop called Isopto Carpine which constricts my pupil in my right eye thus eliminating glare and halos. I will use it if I need to drive at night or am going out for the evening.
I am hoping my two eyes will now work together to possibly eliminate the halos but believe this is doubtful. My operation on my right eye was a success according to my opthomologist, my optometrist and a retina specialist I was sent to so obviously something in my brain No one had an answer for me. Fortunately the drops are working so far. I hope this helps. I have mono lenses.