Hi! I have really huge problem with my eyes. I have cataracts in both eyes and my eye doctor told me that I had to go to surgery. I didn't hear that anybody had cataract surgery on both eyes. I’m wondering will the doctor do the both surgery at the same time?

I also had cataracts in both eyes and I had a surgery. My doctor performed it on one eye first and after three weeks he did the same on the other eye. I think that your doctor will probably do the same. But, as you know, all patients are different. Good luck!

Hi there,
Cataracts are cloudy patches in the lens of the eye and they can cause many problems with the vision. I think that the best solution is to have a surgery. However I am not sure if the surgery can be done on both eyes immediately. If I am not mistaking here, the doctor will first do one eye and after it is healed completely you will have another surgery on the second eye. Have you asked him about this? Has he mentioned any details about the surgery, like how long will the recovery last and similar things? How long have you been having cataracts? I hope that you will get better soon.

All the best,
Danella