Hi my mother has been blinded because of cataracts.

They we're removed from her left eye 5 days ago and theres still no vision.

We we're told that there was blood could that have anything to do with the blindness

Hello, Guest.  I am sorry that your mother is still experiencing problems after her cataract surgery.  Unfortunately, things can occur from the surgery though not common.  Retinal detachment and endophthalmitis are two things that occur.  Does she see any flashes of light or anything?  With endophthalmitis, she would experience pain.  She could also have edema in the eye area causing an obstruction in vision.  The eye surgeon seems to think that there is blood causing the blindness?  Does he seem to think it is blood from the surgery that will clear up on its own?  I hope your mother gets well and is able to see again from her eye.  Has anyone else had any experience from cataract surgery they would like to share?

My mom has dementia so she doesnt say very much , before the surgery there was no sight all she could see was a little light.
They told me it was NOT macular degeneration or Glaucome but it could be nerve damage

The surgeon prescribed prednisolone acetate , vigamox opth sol drops and acetazolamide pills

Mom's vision is getting a little better eyery day