Am concerned for a friend who just had cataract surgery -- he is still smoking pot, and claims that it is actually helpful to his condition. Is this correct, or is he actually doing more harm than good?

Marijuana definitely does lower although pressure. Unfortunately, although many derivatives of marijuana have been tasted over the last 15 years, none has been both sufficiently effective and sufficiently free of side effects to bring to market. There is an eye drop created from THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, the active ingredient, available in Jamaica, West Indies. In the United States, marijuana is available for patients with glaucoma who have had all other measures fail to control pressure. However, only a few patients are receiving government-provided marijuana cigarettes and a great deal of paperwork is necessary to get permission to receive them.

I'd have no doubt about marijuana working to ease his condition, but he might want to consider using a vaporizer or preparing the cannabis to eat. No need to get random smoke into his eyes, that may irritate them, and he can obtain longer relief by eating the cannabis after proper preparation.

Marijuana consumption shouldn't directly to any harm. But you do want to avoid smoke in the eyes, or coughing intensely. So if those elements cannot be avoided. Then the smoking should be.

Just came from my optometrist who is equally as curious as I about cataracts and marijuana. I don't need surgery yet, but am curious if marijuana will help or somehow contain the situation.

I'm not sure where you are in the world but there are plenty of cannabis derivatives on the market, available legally in medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries in 26 US states and Washington, D.C., not to mention some countries in Europe.

Getting "government-provided marijuana cigarettes" isn't necessary for most people... and I'd be interested in hearing about the process of getting them. I work in the medical cannabis industry and have somehow never heard of anyone doing this.

Cannabis has not yet been shown to alleviate or shrink cataracts.

I am an avid smoker for my agoraphobia, and social anxiety, and i would endorse this to anyone with any sort of condition, and to personally try and test the medication. Marijuana effects everyone differently, and should be smoked for about 3-5 days to see if you have any newly occurring issues. if not continue, and it will help a LOT more than you think.

Is it dangerous to smoke weed
After (laser catarack surgery)
A week later?

I had laser and catarack surgery
Can I smoke weed or
Do it on a hydroponic pipe

Wow that's good to know I have just been diagnosed with cataract also have floaters would like to know if could purchase those eye drops here in Illinois

Please stop referring to marijuana as “pot”

Why? What’s wrong with calling it pot?

I think it would be like calling Vicodin smack.