Can somebody help me! I’m in panic. Four days ago I had a cataract surgery. Now I have headaches. I think that’s maybe something gone wrong. Or maybe it’s normal? Do I need to call my eye doctor? Please, someone with experience tell me did you feel bad following with headaches cataract surgery?

Although the technique of cataract surgery has evolved into a safe and successful procedure, some complications can happened. But it’s normal to have headache. Don’t worry. Usually people can feel tired, have headaches or have scratchy feeling in operated eye for two weeks after surgery. If you really feel bad, it’s better to call your doctor.

Still have headache 1 month after cataract surgery. Specialist said surgery went well and could not find anything wrong. Could it be that a nerve was damaged during surgery?

Hi there,
You have to know that cataract surgery is not very simple procedure that has some risks. I don’t know have you talked to your doctor about this before the surgery but he had to tell you about the risks that this surgery have. The main thing here is that this is happening during recovery process. You really need to wait for more time to see if there is something wrong with your eyes or this is just happening during recovery process. I most cases the headaches are just temporary things which will go away after short period of time. You need to see your doctor on regular checkups to see if everything is alright.

All the best,
Danella

2 days after surgery I started having the severe headaches, went in after the weekend & it turns out the pressure in my eye was high. after adding another eye drop the headaches have disappeared. (timolol)

i had Bil Cataract surgery last January and Febuary.   i have all kinds of problems i still have cloudiness,bright lights hurt my eyes... aching in both eyes itching, dryness, and a constant headache around brow line and temple areas...  tylenol does not relieve it! any suggestions  or will i always have this!?

The best solution is to consult an efficient optometrist ASAP. I had a similar issue and I consulted the optometrist at Toronto Eye Surgery Centre in Toronto and that was indeed the best solution I could ever get!

I have awful headaches after cataract surgery
my doctor sent me for blood work. I do not know what they are
checking for.

migraine headaches were totally under control until I had cataract surgery. The pain wakes me up at night, pain at my hairline and in back of my head. I am scheduled for Botex injections on Jan 15th. I am praying this works. Tried many medications all had awful side effects.

My post-cataract surgery headaches have been in both eyes. They feel like what I think a migraine would feel like and are no joke. My optometrist has worked with me to help get my eyes exactly balanced (as much as possible) because apparently even small differences matter when you use your eyes a lot, as I do. I have contacts now that correct my 20-15 farsightedness (a good thing after 40 years of myopia) to about 20-20 for each of my eyes which he says to use on days when I know I'll be reading and using the computer a whole lot. I am now working trial and error to see what it is that mostly brings on the painful headache. For some reason using my home computer (laptop) seems to be a consistent factor in a much later in the day or next day headache. But they're no joke--I've had to ask doctor for something for pain b/c I was gobbling ibuprofen like M&Ms. Even with the Tylenol-3s it takes more than I'm supposed to. They're awful. Dark bath and quiet for a while helps, too.

I had a massive headache after my first cataract surgery, After the second one I had a bout of vertigo, not sure if that was related and now have headaches at the back of my head and trouble sleeping.
My vision is good 20/30 and really good with glasses for driving. So I am really upset. This is a week and a half after my second eye, and I do believe that this surgery is not without complications. Not sure how long i will have the headaches for. Shall I try an osteopath?

I definitely have headaches which I never had before.

I also am having headaches 10 days after cataract surgery. I cannot sleep and take advil. I had a severe headache after the first eye and that resolved. Now experience headache at the back of my head and it is 3 am and I cannot sleep, whereas I was a terrific sleeper.

2 weeks after second cataract I have headache discomfort and trouble sleeping. I am fed up

my eye pressure and eyesight are excellent. what could have happened?