Hello, I had an eye trauma. As a result of the accidental hit, fluid entered my lens and it was damaged, so now everything is blurry. Doctor said he has cataract and I would like to know if it is possible that cataract was provoked by an injury. I would also like to hear what his options now are. Thank you.

One of the possible causes for cataract emerging is a physical trauma. Because of the fluid you mentioned, fibers in lens get soaked with that fluid and their volume grows, so the light retraction is obstructed. Usually, surgery is required for dealing with this condition and in almost 100% of the cases, the improvement is guaranteed.

Hi there,
The first thing that you have to understand is that cataract is a clouding of the eye lens. The lens focuses the light that enters in your eyes and when it gets, lets say dirty, your vision will be blurred. Now there are several ways that you can get cataract and you have to know that injury or trauma to eyes is one of these causes. You could try to use glasses to have better vision, but my suggestion would be to have a surgery that will get rid of cataract. Have you considered of having cataract surgery? Have you talked to your doctor about this? I hope this helped a bit.
Best wishes,
Marco