Hello! My grandfather has problems with his vision. Since he is seventy I think he has a cataract and I decide to take him to the eye doctor tomorrow. I can even see some white spot over the pupil of his eye. He says his problems are more intensive at night and that his vision is often cloudy. He didn’t want to go to check his eyes regularly. What symptoms develop due to a cataract?

Hello! Cataract is a cloudy area in the lens of the eye which diffuses light as it passes through the eye. It may display a number of different symptoms and majority of cataract diagnoses occur in patients who are in their 60s or 70s. The symptoms of cataract are: blurry, cloudy and foggy vision, changes in color vision, poor night vision (especially affected by headlights), progressive loss of vision, double vision and loss of contrast.