My mother will undergo a cataract surgery in two weeks time and I would like to hear something about the recovery period. Is there a possibility of recurrence? Thank you in advance

The recovery time from cataract surgery lasts for at least a month. Your mother will need to have regular check-ups the next day, next week and after a month. Your mother should know that she might see blurry when the patch is removed for the first time. This is due to ointments associated with eye surgery. During the following month, the eye will heal and she will need to use eye drops to help healing and prevent infections. There is no recurrence but a condition called “secondary cataract” may develop. It is when the capsule of the lens becomes clouded several months to a year after the surgery. The “secondary cataract” is treated with a procedure called YAG capsulotomy. About the possibility of developing a “secondary cataract” and the following treatment, you should talk to your mother’s ophthalmologist.

I had cataract surgery and while removing some small pieces were left in my eye and now I am unable to see clearly so surgent refered me to ratina specialist for check up and told me they migh have to do another surgery. What kind of surgery is that can you explain to me and is it safe as i want my vision back. Thanks in advance

My Father had catarct surgery 5/1 and 5/15 and has been having serious discomfort (feeling of sand/grit) in his eyes starting about a week after the second surgery. His only relievf is to close his eyes. He clearly has ptosis now in his right eye that he did not have before the surgery.

His follow up visits have stated that he is fine and he is "fully" released. In one appointment he complained significantly and they put a clear contact lens over the eye that was hurting and he was pain free for a week, until they removed the lens.

He went to another doctor for a second opinion and it was very odd. They almost refused to see us, but finally did. They did not have much to add except to try a different steriod drop.

I feel helpless to find relief for him. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

My husband had catarac surgery on Tuesday and now it is Thursday and he sayes his vision is worse, darker and blurrey. He states that since the surgery that the pink hugh has dissapated and the auroras he saw at night are gone. He has the terrible feeling that he has a rock in his eye. He called the MD who said this is normal but now he feels that things are worsening. What do we do?

I would recommend seeking a second opinion. Your husbands case does not sound like a typical Cataract case. I would ask another cataract surgeon for advice. 

Sorry to hear about that :cry: