Hi, I keep having panic attacks since last summer. Every time I have to confront another person, is a nightmare to me. I start choking and sweating, and I can’t breathe. For the first several months I used marplan and it wasn’t working for me, so I asked my doctor to prescribe me another medicine. He told me to use a drug called celexa, 20 mg daily. I don’t want to waste my time again, so if anyone knows something about this medicine, please speak now!

I cannot believe that your doctor told you to use celexa after using marplan. It is very dangerous, and it could lead to serious reactions. Combining celexa with marplan is strictly forbidden! You should wait for some time to pass, and then maybe you can start using it. I have used celexa for last three months, for the same reason as you. I also had panic attacks, and I must say this medicine really worked for me. I still avoid some things like the crowded streets, but even when I’m confronted to lot of people, I don’t have the attack. Celexa is used to treat major depression, and the daily dose is usually recommended to be 20 mg daily. I use one tablet every evening after supper. I saw the first results after 3 weeks of using.

I have been on celexa and paxil and xanax and clonopin and nothing has worked for me. I have had attacks since 2001. I just went back on my celexa because I wanna finally get over it and move to Florida and since Ive been back on it I have had an attack every day for the last week. I have decided to just fight through it and let my body get used to it and see what happens. Give yourself time to cleanse from the last medication and then give celexa like at least 4 months before you decide whether or not it is working because it takes awhile for it to hit your system. Plus everyone is different and drugs work differently in everyone.