I am a 19 year old girl and I have been on celexa for a little over a year now. I gained about 30 pounds and it's just not coming off. I joined a gym and got a personal trainer and I have been staying away from junk food....however; I am not losing ANYTHING. I've been at the gym for about a month now and i go at least 3-5 times a week. All i'm doing is staying at my current weight and nothing seems to be changing....HELP?

Have you seen your doctor about Celexa prescription since you noticed that despite all the right things you do to keep the weight under control (I honestly don’t see what else you could possibly do – exercise, lifestyle… it’s all there)? Because weight gain is one of the known side effects of Celexa, but there are other anti-depressants and you definitely need to see a doctor to re-evaluate if the Celexa is the right choice for your treatment or maybe you could have the same positive sides of anti depressant but without struggling with the weight gain.