Can anybody explain what cervical transforaminal is? My mom got this for her back pain, but everybody’s too busy to let me know what is going on. Is there anybody who knows?

Yeah, I do. I got the injections as well, I just got them in the lumbar part. Here is what happens and where the injections are inserted. Around the spinal cord and nerve roots there is dura membrane. Epidural space is a space that surrounds dura membrane. Nerves travel through the epidural space before they form the nerves that travel down the arms, along the ribs and into the legs. Openings from which the nerves leave the spine are called foramen. Now, when these nerve roots get inflamed, that causes a lot of pain. Then an epidural injection puts anti-inflammatory medicine over the root and into the epidural space to decrease inflammation of the nerve roots, therefore reducing the pain. It may provide permanent relief or provide a period of pain relief for several months while the injury/cause of pain is healing. So, I am sure that your mom will be in a better mood now!