For a few months, I had terrible problems with my spinal cord. Finally, my doctor realized there is no way for me to fix it with some alternative solutions and medications. Then he recommended me to perform foraminotomy. I wanted this procedure too, because I could not take my symptoms any more. can you tell me something more about foraminotomy because I have to be ready in this week.

Foraminotmy is going to help if your symptoms include nerve compression. This problem includes pain, stiffness, numbness, tingling sensations, and weakness. A foraminotomy is surgical procedure that is performed to enlarge the passageway where a spinal nerve root exits its spinal canal. The term foraminotomy is derived from the medical term for a hollow passageway, called foramen. Otomy could make confuse, but it is very simple and means to remove. During this procedure, the spine surgeon removes bone or tissue that obstructs the passageway and compresses the spinal nerve root. This is the mail cause of inflammation and pain. There is 31-pair of spinal nerve roots in our spinal cord, which shoot off from it. Spinal nerve roots branch out to form an intricate network of nerves outside of the spinal canal called the peripheral nervous system, and that is something that makes you such a problems. I am sure foraminotomy is going to help you with this condition. I am so sure, because this procedure is especially performed to solve this kind of problems you are complaining.

Need foraminotomy info please!