I am still in chronic pain six months after anterior cervical disc surgery and wondering what could be going on for I was expected I would recover pretty soon after my anterior cervical disc surgery is performed. The thing is that I had ruptured disc between my 3rd and 4th vertebra and no fusion is made for only the ruptured disc was removed leaving free space there. Anyway do you thing I could developed chronic neck pain though there is no swelling or something like that it is just that I sometimes feel terrible pain twisting around my neck but I also started having some other weird symptoms lately such as tingling sensations in my arms and fingers as well as sensations lost in my shoulders and upper arms. I am terrible for this pain that lasts longer than six months now after my anterior cervical disc surgery so I am wondering if this pain could have been caused by this surgery or what?

Who knows-maybe the surgery failed for you know sometimes multiple surgeries are needed to fix such problems for in my opinion fusion would be the best opt for that way you won’t be having that free space between vertebras but also you have got the same symptoms like I had few months ago affecting my upper arms and shoulders as well as my chest-I kind of a lost sensations in those areas and anyway it turned out I was suffering from cervical radiculopathy so I suppose that maybe you have developed the same condition after your anterior cervical disc surgery was performed due to the rupture or herniation of another disc that is placed between your 4th and 5th vertebra-at least it was my case- but no surgery is needed to fix this problem. I was prescribed the combination of physical therapy and some NSAID meds along with some steroid injections that are to be given into the membrane that surrounds the spinal cord and eventually I got rid off the pain after 2 or 3 months and it was actually about compressed root nerve that was causing me this pain and swelling. Anyway I think you should be having another MRI test just to check out exactly what is the real cause of that chronic pain you still have all these months after you had this anterior cervical disc surgery.