Along about last December, I ruptured a disc in my back. I’m thinking this was done as I was jerking to accomplish more sit-ups that I had strength to do. Anyway, my back became so painful that I visited doctor. After some muscles relaxers that didn’t help me, doctor decided to give me injection in spine. How that helped me so well, what actually is that shot spine?

Your doctor shot your spine probably with epidural injection with steroids. It’s used to relieve back pain, leg pain or other pain caused by irritated spinal nerves. This shot spine is effective in significantly reducing back pain for approximately 50% of patients. Shot spine with epidural injection steroids is typically considered after other more conservative methods. I believe your doctor tried with some medications and physical therapy first. When any other don’t help spine shot is used. Epidural injection is the administration of medication into epidural space inside spine. Results are very good with swelling, pain and inflammation. Conditions that are very good treated are neurological conditions that affect nerve roots as radiculopathy and a herniated disk that was with you. Complications are rare, infection, bleeding in epidural space and headaches are some of them.