I just joined this board.

I've looked through a few weeks of past topics and over and over I see pain from C4 and below to about C7.

My problems are C2 C3 and C4, possibly C1.

I have had tried just about everything other than fusion.

Anybody else with pain in this area?

hi
i have pain in this area to from c4 to t8,am waiting to see my doc again next month,i have anterior indentation,central disc protrusion,disc bulges and compression of the thecal sac.

JUST HAD FUSION C2-C4....FEEL LIKE I JUST GOT HIT BY A SEMI TRUCK...UNABLE TO SWALLOW FOOD...LIQUID DIET...PAIN...UNABLE TO ROTATE HEAD DOC INSISTS I WEAR HARD COLLAR 24 HOURS PER DAY..BECAUSE OF THE LIQUID DIET FEEL WEAK, EFFORT JUST TO WALK FROM ONE ROOM TO ANOTHER...JUST PRAY EVERYDAY I FEEL "NORMAL" AGAIN...BUT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME...THE ALTERNATIVE OF BEING PARALIZED WAS NOT AN OPTION...SO JUST THANKFUL I AM STILL WALKING...GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL...IT IS A LONG ROAD FOR RECOVERY...

Just had MRI, showed fusion with disk basiclly gone at c2-c3, almost solid body. Never had pain, headache, or anything wrong. Chiropractors adjusted me before as well. No recovery at all for me. Supposed to have been traumatic, never an accident or anything that I can recall. So, that's my story.

Lucky you that you don't have any pain with your degeneration. I have DDD, and scoliosis, and cervical spondylosis, which is arthritis. Have been to two different neurosugeons and my spinal canal is not being pinched so they sent me to a pain clinic. Have been going regularly for epidural injections. They helped somewhat then the pain got progressively worse over 3 yrs. Having great amount of pain in neck with limited motion and alot of headaches and just had a cervical rhizotomy done on Oct. 23. My neck is numb from that as they "burn" the sensory nerves to stop the pain. Still having alot of pain above that point. Had a lumbar bi-lateral medial branch nerve block done on L5. It helped alot on the left side, but still having alot of buttock and leg pain on the right. Going in for a lumbar rhizotomy on that area in January. Chronic pain is hell to live with isn't it. Going to avoid having surgery as long as I can.
Good Luck to everybody that suffers with neck and back pain.
:(
Grammalinda

have you been to a Biokineticist? They specialize in rehabilitation and using exercise as means to try delay surgery as much as possible.

I had a c5 c6 c7 fusion a couple years ago. i was told by my surgeon that i would eventually need c2 c3 c4 just because of the deterioration that is happening. I have terrible pain and headaches. the c5 c6 c7 fusion was a hard recovery. I felt so bad right after the surgery that it scared me about having future surgery. going to a pain doc for the injections is a good idea until you simply don't get any more relief. this surgery should be the last option.