Hi, folks. My friend has been experiencing some serious back problems and after several tests, he was diagnosed with ankylosing spondilitis. I have never heard about this disease before and I would like to know if it has something to do with spondylosis. I would appreciate all your replies. Bye, folks!

Hello to you too. Ankylosing spondilitis and spondylosis are two different diseases. Ankylosing spondylitis is one of the diseases that belong to a group of inflammatory arthritis. This disease is mostly located in vertebrae joint and joints between spine and pelvis. Spondylosis belongs to a group of osteoarthritis. It isn’t inflammatory disease, but degenerative one. In this disease, it seems like joints are worn up due to a long term use. Maybe this sounds silly, but it is like that. I hope this helps you. Bye!

Hello. I think that previous post describes the essence of these two diseases in excellent way. Ankylosing spondylitis is much more serious disease than spondylosis. There is an inflammation present in the joints. This can be considered to be some form of autoimmune disease. Spondylosis is characterized by the progressive damaging of cartilage. It is a degenerative process. You can consult an expert for more details. I hope I’ve helped. Bye!