Hello, folks. My friend has some eye problems. As far as I know, he has some sort of retinal detachment. I would like to know how serious this condition can be. Can it really lead to blindness? I have read somewhere this info. I would really appreciate all your replies considering this topic. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. I have heard about retinal detachment. It is a condition where retina is being peeled away from its supporting tissue. The treatment in this case must be rapid. Otherwise, a person can experience vision loss and blindness. It is an urgent medical condition. Has your friend already been hospitalized? I hope he has. You can consult an expert if you need more info. Good luck to your friend. Bye!

Hi, folks. Retinal detachment can happen in any part of life. It is more common for middle age and later life than younger ones. However, there are always exceptions. The main symptoms are floaters. People also complain on certain type of curtain over their vision field. In any case, an urgent treatment is necessary. If it isn’t treated on time, blindness is possible. I hope your friend is in good hands. Bye!

Hello, good people. I have also heard about retinal detachment. Immediate treatment is indeed required. Laser surgery is one of the options. Cryotherapy or freezing is another possibility. These procedures do not cause much discomfort, so your friend shouldn’t worry. It can be done in an ophthalmologist’s office. You should consult an expert for more details. I hope we’ve helped a little here. Bye!