Hello, I am a 14 year old girl, and I know a person (one of my teachers) that has Chemical imbalance. I don’t have a slightest clue what that is. I would like to know something more about it. Anyone who has something on this subject, please let me know. Because I am curious, I am thanking you in advance for anything you share with me about this.

Well, the name says it, chemical imbalance occurs when chemical substances are not in correct proportions as they should be. The real example of the chemical imbalance is Diabetes type 1. Before, people were calling mental illnesses with the name chemical imbalance, but that is false, because the chemical imbalance is always treated with the taking of the missing substance.

Hello there,

First of all it is very commendable that you are so interested to find out something about term you heard randomly in your school. Most of the children in your age aren’t that interested to learn something new.

First of all for years it was thought that chemical imbalance is related to the mental illnesses but nowadays it is still researching but it is known that the cause of many emotional distresses and disturbances is chemical imbalance.

Chemical imbalances related to common emotional disorders such as anxiety and depression usually are: reduced availability of neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine, increased levels of toxic neurochemicals, low levels of magnesium and zinc and low levels of essential vitamins like B6, B9, B12 and vitamin-C.

I hope this was helpful.