Hello there,

I am a 32 years old woman, I am living with my husband and our two kids, we are leading a decent life I suppose. I recently went to do some tests and it appears that I have hormonal imbalance, that is why I seem unfriendly lately to a lot of people. Some of these people told me that hormonal imbalance can cause anxiety and panic attacks. I am not really scared of anything so I am not scared of this either, but I was wondering if anyone here knows if this is true, can my hormonal imbalance cause anxiety or panic attacks?

There is a big link between hormones and anxiety because anxiety is linked to emotions and you understand what hormonal imbalance can do to your emotions, you understand it even better since you are a woman, man are less emotional actually.

If you are having problems with your hormones, you are likely to have problems with your emotions, all of this can cause additional worry which could eventually lead to you becoming anxious and having these panic attacks. This is why people who are diagnosed with hormonal imbalance should immediately start treating it in order to stop any other problems from occurring.

But I was never ever suffering from anxiety, could it be that it is happening now, at this age? I do not know if this is possible, I hope not, I read all kind of things about anxiety and I have to admit that I don't like what I read, but it all somehow looks like me.

Tell me then, what can I do? Is this like a certainty that I am going to be suffering from anxiety because of my hormonal imbalance or is it just like a possibility? I don't want to get stuck with anxiety, not now, please.

There are no age limits when it comes to anxiety so yes, you can suffer from anxiety at any point of your life.

Regarding your other question, no, having a hormonal imbalance doesn't necessarily mean that you are going to suffer from anxiety, it all depends on how are you dealing with it and what kind of a person you are. However, if you notice that you are having any symptoms of anxiety (you can find these on the internet), it would be smart to talk to your doctor and check it out, just so you could start treating it if you really get stuck with it.

Hi there! It is not a surprise anymore that hormonal imbalances may cause anxiety and panic attacks as well. The term "hormonal imbalance" has a variety of meanings, but it's also very clear that it can lead to anxiety, but you already know this. There are a few things that can cause your hormone imbalance, such as pregnancy, period, or similar things, and those things can directly lead to panic attacks. But it is something that a lot of people should do some research because in many cases it is believed that what most hormonal imbalances do is not create anxiety necessarily, but rather make anxiety worse. The only thing that I am sure about this is that hormonal imbalance can happen to both - males and females.

Good day, sure that there is a strong link between them. I was reading a lot about this because before I was sure that this is not the case. Anyway, anxiety induced by hormonal imbalances, and that can be an estrogen dominance in which the level of the hormone progesterone is very low, differs from those panic attacks associated with personality disorders such as bipolar or obsessive-compulsive disorders. This is a quote from the internet, because I could not remember it completely. :)

I think that it doesn't matter did you suffer from anxiety before or not. It can happen to you anytime. 

Oh yes, and it was my worse nightmare when I found out that this is possible. People should really know that anxiety due to hormonal imbalance is usually caused by a hormonal imbalance that is in the endocrine system.

Well, the endocrine system plays an extremely huge role in the emotional state of every human being on this world. When the hormonal system gets out of balance, there are certain emotional changes that can occur.

Now, you are wondering what is the best thing that you can do about this. Well, the best option that you actually have is to go and see your doctor and talk to him or her. That is my advice as well. Good luck.

Yes, and that is why I do believe that it should not be a wonder anymore because hormone imbalance can cause anxiety and panic attacks to certain people. 

As you already know, there are so many causes of the anxiety and it doesn't have to mean that in your case this is the cause. That is why you need to see your doctor, talk to him and try to find together with him or her, whatever, the proper cause of your problems. But remember that anxiety disorder can easily  be attributed to various causes and one of them is hormonal imbalance.

Have a nice day.